Sunday, May 11, 2008

Down and out...

That's what I was today....down and out. DH and I went to the tulip festival, which I had never seen before, and which was lovely. It started out well enough, with colourful flowers, the international pavillion - with its various ethnic culinary delights and crafts - and it ended with some great photography (compliments of moi. So, what possibly could have brought me down? How about the fact that everyone was pregnant. Everyone.

Young women, older women, single women, married women, fat women, thin women, elegant women, shlumpy women, women with small children, women with older children, women who clearly had no other children, and girls who were far to young to be pregnant. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E.

GRRRRRR. Is there something in the water? Am I missing something? Why not me?

And, to make matters worse, every step I took was accompanied by a disgusting "ssshhhhllluuurrrmmmppphhh" sound because of the veritable waterfall flowing between my short an stubby legs. I have my period. BIG TIME. I felt like I had wet my pants. It was so gross. I hate being out on hot summer days when I have my period.

On another note, I'm starting yoga tomorrow. Hoping it will help me relax and fend off this horrendous depression that leaves me in tears on a daily basis.

2 comments:

nicole flowers said...

Ugh... I hate a period on a hot day too. It is so ick. As far as seeing EVERYONE IS PREGO it is not just around you. My whole day is me muttering under my breath about the last prego that walked by. I have become a jealous meanie. I cry a lot when we go out anymore.

I really hope the yoga makes you feel better. You need some good vibes...I am sending baby dust your way.

my hope my faith my love said...

Join the club, I know what it is like to see pregnant women everywhere. I can not get away from them, Sorry such a sucky day.